As we watch the weather warm in the South, many of us are starting to plan our spring and summer home maintenance schedules. For some, a fresh coat of paint for the exterior of the house is on the list. If you’re considering hiring an Atlanta exterior painting professional, there are several things to consider, as well as tips to make the process go as smoothly as possible.
- Do preliminary research. Before calling a painter, consider paint color choices (paint stores can be very helpful during this first stage). Figure out how many square feet you’ll be painting, and start a budget, as well as an inspiration folder with ideas and color options. Also do research on the many Atlanta exterior painting professionals available to you.
- Schedule a consultation. Have a professional Atlanta painter come to your home and evaluate its needs, discuss projected costs and plan with you the scope of the project. You’ll want to get a few estimates, if possible, to compare and contrast multiple Atlanta exterior painters and their costs.
- Do what you can to help prepare your home for exterior painting. Does your painter offer pressure washing? Does he or she remove the gutters and shutters? If not, you may need to do this yourself or hire a third party. Ensure the driveway and yard are both free of debris, children’s toys and cars. Cover patio furniture, vehicles, or anything you want to protect from splattered paint if a spray technique will be used.
- Plan to be available to your professional Atlanta exterior painters while they’re on the job. It’s always possible that an obstacle will arise or someone will have questions. Be sure you can be reached.
- Get everything in writing. From the original estimate to the project plan and cost, be sure you have everything in writing before the project begins.
- Follow your Atlanta exterior painters’ advice for maintenance. Many of us don’t think about caring for our home’s exterior as much as we do its interior, but there are certain things we can do – such as annual cleanings – that can help us maintain the look of our newly painted house.
If spring and summer are your months for tackling household chores, don’t overlook the home’s exterior. Consider brightening up your property and giving it a refreshed, clean appearance with a new coat of paint.
The Paint Doctor is a licensed, fully insured and proven painting contractor. For more information or an estimate, call us at (404) 524-8283, or click here to send us an email.
Latest posts by Archie Deese (see all)
- We have big news!Welcome Steve Millice, our Director of Business Development! - April 17, 2017
- Spring Tips for Your Home’s Exterior - March 20, 2017
- It’s Time To Refresh Your Home’s Exterior! - February 27, 2017